The MAV Technology National Conference is a two-day event that explores the transformative role of technology in delivering services to Victorian councils and their communities. The MAV Technology Annual Conference is targeted to a wide audience that includes not only IT officers, but also general managers, directors, CEOs and elected officials.
Consistently attracting more than 150 delegates, the MAV Technology National Conference program is strengthened every year to increase and broaden the executive audience, in order to create a better understanding of ICT developments and opportunities and facilitate better business results for councils. Early bird registration for next year's event will open in March 2017.
The 2017 MAV Technology National Conference program will include international, national and local high profile speakers, exhibitors and networking activities, details of which will be made available as they are confirmed.
MAV Technology Awards for Excellence Dinner
The MAV Technology Awards for Excellence are all about celebrating the achievements of council ICT teams in improving productivity and efficiency for their councils and the communities they serve. Finalists will be celebrated at the Awards for Excellence Dinner during the 2017 MAV Technology National Conference event.
A key networking opportunity, this popular evening event is always a sell out, with 220 people enjoying food, wine and entertainment to close out day one of the conference.
CEO & Councillor Lunch with the keynotes
Local and state government executive officers and elected officials will be invited to lunch with our keynote speakers and attend the morning session of day one of the MAV Technology National Conference.
This session was very popular last year with about 30 council CEOs and mayors electing to attend. This year we are expecting even greater attendance, in response to our expanded marketing campaign and word-of-mouth from previous attendees.
We will be inviting interested parties to submit presentation abstracts to be considered for inclusion in the plenary program. The abstracts should include details of the proposed presentation content and speaker and should address the theme of the 2017 conference. We are seeking 20 minute TEDex-style presentations that include case studies relevant to our audience. Topics might include digital transformation, mobility solutions, shared services, cloud services, geospatial systems and services, social media, open government data and improving customer experience.
The deadline for submissions is 30 April 2017. The submissions will be considered by the MAV Technology Executive Committee in early May and successful speakers will be notified by 31 May 2017. (Refer to the MAV Strategy 2015-18* for further direction)
* The MAV Technology Strategy 2015-18
The key drivers for the MAV Technology strategy for 2015-18 are:
- The need to improve customer experience in an environment of increasing expectation;
- The need to improve efficiency of council operations; and
- The need to improve ICT service provision capability across the sector.
The successful implementation of the strategy will mean that:
- It is easier for community members to access council services online anywhere, any time;
- Council productivity improvements are realised through smart use of technology;
- Interoperability between councils and other levels of government is improved through greater collaboration and standardisation of systems and processes; and
- ICT staff have appropriate skills and resources to deliver efficient and effective ICT services to their council and community.
The MAV Technology strategic objectives 2015-18 are:
Improve customer experience
– Implement new digital and mobile channels
– Provide open data
Improve the efficiency of council operations
– Standardise systems and processes to improve productivity
– Plan and implement an infrastructure and services roadmap
– Streamline collaboration with other levels of government
Improve ICT service provision capability
– Develop ICT skills
– Address ICT access issues
– Facilitate collaborative strategic procurement practices
– Support shared service initiatives.
The complete MAV Technology Strategy 2015-18 is available here.